Stellt euch vor: die Stadt in der Zukunft, ein einziger Blütenteppich, spielende Kinder, summende Bienen und flatternde Schmetterlinge, Gärten, die zu einem gesunden Lebensraum und kühlen Städten beitragen, nebenbei Regenwasser sammeln und an das regionale Klima angepasst sind. Um diese Vision wahr werden zu lassen ruft das LE:NOTRE Institute zusammen mit dem Departement Landschaftsarchitektur der Universität Akdeniz einen Studentenwettbewerb aus. Bachelor- und Masterstudenten sowie Doktoranden sind aufgerufen, einen Ausstellungsgarten für die EXPO 2016 in Antalya zu entwerfen.
- Make use of new flower design concepts;
- Show how gardens and landscapes can be especially attractive, instructive and functional for children;
- Show how gardens can contribute to a higher biodiversity;
- Explain landscape design principles that contribute to greener cities; and
- Present innovative concepts of hard landscaping and planting design that are more sustainable in the Mediterranean context.
Participants are invited to interpret these themes and develop design solutions that integrate these themes and make them understandable and presentable to the public at large. The competition is open to all students of landscape architecture, garden design, landscape planning, architecture, and land art. Levels of study may be Bachelor, Master or PhD.
Organisation and jury
The LE:NOTRE Institute organises this competition for the EXPO 2016 in Antalya in collaboration with the landscape architecture department of Akdeniz University. The entries with the garden designs will be judged by an international jury.
There will be three prizes awarded:
- 1st prize: costs for travel and stay 3 days (5 star hotel) for the winner and his/her family (up to 4 persons) to Antalya to attend the prize winning ceremony, 2.000 Euro prize money and construction of the garden in the EXPO, certificate.
- 2nd prize, costs for travel and stay 3 days (5 star hotel) for the prize winner and a friend/family-member (up to 2 persons) to Antalya to attend the prize winning ceremony, 1.000 Euro prize money and certificate.
- 3rd prize: costs for travel and stay 3 days (five star hotel) for the prize winner (one person) to Antalya to attend the prize winning ceremony, € 500 prize money and certificate.
November 5, 6 pm – feedback colloquium for registered participants
December 15 – Latest registration date
January 8, 2016 – Deadline for upload of entries
January 11-12 2016 – Session of the Jury for selection
April 23 2016 – Opening of the EXPO in Antalya